COLORFABB TIME-LAPSE CONTEST – NOW CLOSED WINNERS WILL BE ANOUNCED 8th AUGUST
Get your camera, laptop and 3d printer ready, it’s time for some time-lapse action! At colorFabb we like time-lapse videos a lot! We try to make at least 2 every week, printing great designs posted on thingiverse or youmagine. A time-lapse allows you to capture the magic of 3d printing one frame at a time, when played back at normal speed time appears to be moving faster and thus lapsing.
You can 3d print anything you want, use any type of 3d printer and material. We’re looking for time-lapses that capture the beauty of 3d printing and do this in an exceptional and clever way.
We know that making a time-lapse is a lot of work and takes quite a bit of preparation, that’s why we’re rewarding the 1st place winner with a colorFabb Value Pack! The Value Pack retails for 400,- euro excl. tax and allows you to configure 16 spools of filament yourself! The Second place will be rewarded with 4 spools of material and the third gets to select 2 spools of material.
1st – colorFabb Value Pack
2nd – 4 spools of colorFabb 3d printing filament
3rd – 2 spools of colorFabb 3d printing filament
Most views – 2 spools of colorFabb 3d printing filament
*this prize excludes bronzeFill
You must include in your video:
- Printer settings and slicer settings so other people can learn from you approach.
- Do not forget to acknowledge the original designer of the model you’re printing, if possible link to his work, portfolio or website.
- State the material that you’re printing with.
- Upload video to youtube with the following tag: „colorFabb Time-Lapse contest”
- include „colorFabb” in the title of your youtube video when uploading
- Must be uploaded between 25-06-2014 and 25-07-2014.
You are free to print anything you like so get those creative juices flowing and think of something amazing to print!
There is only on rule for the time-lapse, it must show a 3d printer 3d printing a model. You can decide yourself how you’re going to show this, surprise us with some original thoughts!
winning designs will be:
- original, something we haven’t seen yet.
- complex printed parts, showing off your amazing 3d printer.
- a quality time-lapse video, take care of composition, timing etc.
– although we don’t associate number of views with quality or originality, we do want to reward the video with the most views on youtube.
- Entering the competition:
The time-lapse contest is open to everyone except employees, beta-testers, resellers and families of the colorFabb brand. Multiple entries are welcome, team efforts are also more then welcome.
By entering the contest you:
- Agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges (Jury).
- Warrant that you are eligible to participate.
- Warrant that the submission, i.e. time-lapse video, is your original work.
- Warrant neither the work nor its use infringes the intellectual property rights (whether a patent, utility model, functional design right, aesthetic design right, trademark, copyright or any other intellectual property right) of any other person.
- Are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for any costs.
- Agree colorFabb and associate resellers have the right to promote all entries.
Submitting an entry
Subscribe to the contest and submit an entry via the following application form:
*Only completely filled out entry forms are considered valid for the contest.
Your entry will be posted on http://learn.colorfabb.com/ along with the other entries.
Awarding the winners
The awarded participant is solely liable for the payment of all taxes, duties and other similar measures if imposed on the reward pursuant to the legislation of the country of his/her residence, domicile, citizenship, workplace, or any other criterion of similar nature.
Winners will be contacted by colorFabb staff to check contact information and any other information necessary to receive the award.
This contest wil start on 25-06-2014 and the deadline for submitting entries will be 25-07-2014 After this a 14 day period will allow all entries to be viewed on youtube and collect as many views as possible. In the mean time colorFabb staff jury will decide on the winning entries which will be announced 08-08-2014.
- Entries :
- And the winners is :
First of all we need to start this post with a big thank you to all participants of the Time-Lapse contest! Overall we’re impressed with the quality of the videos and the amount of care and attention the contenders have put into their work.
All entries are listed in our youtube playlist which gives a great overview of the various types of 3d printers that are being used nowadays. We’ve seen the new Printrbot Metal but also a few cool RepRap’s and plug-and-play Makerbots and Ultimakers all revealing their print process in a time-lapse.
The winners of the time-lapse contest have been reviewed by Ruud Rouleaux, Sander Strijbos and Gijs Houdijk of the colorFabb team. This wasn’t an easy task since there were so many great entries. The ingredient we were looking for are originality, complex 3d prints and a quality time-lapse video. We think the winners incorporated these elements best and therefore deserve to be the winners of the very first colorFabb challenge!
We also wanted to reward the time-lapse with the most youtube views. At the time of writing this post the most views, not including the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners, is [xxx] by:
Once again thank you to all participants! We liked the first challenge so much that we will definitely be organizing another challenge. So expect more opportunities for winning free colorFabb 3d printing filament!