Almost a month ago, during the RapidPro in Veldhoven, we showed the functional arm to the audiences of that show:
But this project is far from finished. We have decided to upgrade the robotic arm with some new parts:
The parts we printed on the Stacker S2 are:
Moveo Adaptor plate for Mantis Gripper by drmaettu
Moveo 5th axis body piece to replace current print.
The Mantis gripper allows for a more versatile grip for the Moveo robot arm and it looks cool. Andreas even has the gripper picking up a full mug of coffee on his YouTube video in his blog:
And that’s exactly what we need here at colorFabb: More efficient ways to get our coffee! Using the Adaptor plate designed by drmaettu we should be able to mount it easily to the Moveo Robot arm.
We will write a final and complete blog post on the entire project soon.
As with the previous parts, we have printed with colorFabb_XT Yellow and Dark Gray.
Our range of Amphora based co-polyesters are perfectly suited for a project like this. In 2014 colorFabb teamed up with Eastman Chemical Company to develop unique grades of co-polyesters suited for 3D printing. Eastman Amphora™ 3D polymer are a low-odor, styrene-free choice that is uniquely suited for 3D printing applications. With Amphora, items can be created that are more functional, more durable, more efficient, and attractive.
So far we have launched four grades, starting with colorFabb_XT in 2014, which is a fantastic functional engineering material. Late 2015 we follow this up with nGen, our next Generation general purpose filament and a drop in replacement for PLA. A wide processing window and perfect reliability make this filament a very popular one in our portfolio.
In 2016 we followed that up with colorFabb_HT, a high-temperature resistant filament that allows for functional engineering projects that need lasting parts. Half a year ago at the TCT Show in Birmingham we introduced nGen_FLEX to the market, a flexible filament with a Shora A hardness of 95 allowing for functional and flexible parts to be printed.
More information can be found in the blog we wrote about co-polyesters last summer.
colorFabb is proud partner of Stacker and official distributor for the EMEA region. At colorFabb we have been extensively testing with both the S2 and S4 in our print lab with our entire range of filaments. What makes this printer so different from the rest? First of all, it is based on the technology that has made the Stacker S4 such a success.
You can also expect the following:
- Copy mode for printing two objects at once for 2X print speeds
- Dual print heads can be offset to prevent the idle head from dripping on the print when not in use to achieve super clean dual material prints
- Large build volume: 395mm (X) axis, 325mm (Y) axis, 525mm (Z) Axis
- Built-in mobile base, essential for EDU and work groups
- Superior print quality
- STACKER designed and manufactured hot ends and filament drives produce a superior finish, and work with all filaments, including flexible and metal filled
- Uses 1.75mm filament for high-speed printing.
- Quick change nozzles in a range of sizes from .25mm to 1mm
- Comes with a single license of Simplify3D slicing software
- Includes a sheet of BuildTak print bed surface but will accept glass
Although the Kickstarter pledges will be delivered in May / June of this year, you can already pre-order the S2 through us, as the official Stacker distributor in the EMEA region, or Stacker itself. Delivery of the pre-order printers will be in April. Get your quote now!