COLORFABB TIME-LAPSE CONTEST
It’s time-lapse challenge time again! The rules are pretty basic: switch on the printer, print something cool and make a time lapse of it. A time-lapse allows you to capture the magic of 3d printing one frame at a time, when played back at normal speed time appears to be moving faster and thus lapsing.
You can 3d print anything you want, use any type of 3d printer and material. We’re looking for time-lapses that capture the beauty of 3d printing and do this in an exceptional and clever way.
We know that making a time-lapse is a lot of work and takes quite a bit of preparation, that’s why we’re rewarding every eligible contestant with a sample pack. All entries that are posted on Twitter and Facebook (hashtag #colorfabbtimelapse) will be re-posted for the world to see.
And what can you win?
A year long supply of colorFabb filaments of choice! Every month we will send you four spools of your choice to keep on printing, so that is 48 spools of filaments to be won! That will also include the materials to be released in 2016!
Two value packs with the filaments of your choice: 32 spools.
One value pack with the filaments of your choice: 16 spools.
Every eligible contestant will also receive a sample pack of colorFabb materials! All entries that are posted on Twitter and Facebook (hashtag #colorfabbtimelapse) will be re-posted for the world to see.
Selecting the winner
The contest will stop on January 18th at midnight (CET). colorFabb will choose the 10 best entries and will then conduct a public poll where everybody can vote for a full week. After this, the winner is announced. All prizes and sample packs will be shipped after this date.
[/restab] [restab title=”Requirement”]
You must include
- Printer settings and slicer settings so other people can learn from you approach.
- Do not forget to acknowledge the original designer of the model you’re printing, if possible link to his work, portfolio or website.
- State the material that you’re printing with.
- Upload the video to youtube with the following tag: „colorfabb timelapse”
- include „colorFabb” in the title of your youtube video when uploading
- Must be uploaded between 24-12-2015 and 18-01-2016.
- colorFabb tag must be visible in your time-lapse, see document colorfabb-time-lapse-contest-tag.pdf
No old entries allowed.
To ensure this, you must use our tag which needs to be included in every time lapse video: print it, cut it and place it near the print.
You are free to print anything you like so get those creative juices flowing and think of something amazing to print!
There is only on rule for the time-lapse, it should show a 3d printer in action. You can decide yourself how you’re going to show this, surprise us with some original thoughts!
Winning designs will be:
original, something we haven’t seen yet.
complex printed parts, showing off your amazing 3d printer.
a quality time-lapse video, take care of composition, timing etc.
Entering the competition:
The time-lapse contest is open to everyone except employees and families of colorFabb. Multiple entries are welcome, team efforts are also more then welcome.
Furthermore we want you to:
- Agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges (Jury).
- Warrant that you are eligible to participate.
- Warrant that the submission, i.e. time-lapse video, is your original work.
- Warrant neither the work nor its use infringes the intellectual property rights (whether a patent, utility model, functional design right, aesthetic design right, trademark, copyright or any other intellectual property right) of any other person.
- Are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for any costs.Agree colorFabb and associate resellers have the right to promote all entries.
Submitting an entry
Subscribe to the contest and submit an entry via the following application form:
*Only completely filled out entry forms are considered valid for the contest.
Your entry will be posted on http://learn.colorfabb.com/ along with the other entries.
Awarding the winners
The awarded participant is solely liable for the payment of all taxes, duties and other similar measures if imposed on the reward pursuant to the legislation of the country of his/her residence, domicile, citizenship, workplace, or any other criterion of similar nature.
Winners will be contacted by colorFabb staff to check contact information and any other information necessary to receive the award.
This contest wil start on 24-12-2015 and the deadline for submitting entries will be 18-01-2016.
[/restab] [restab title=”Entries”]Entries : [/restab] [restab title=”Winner”]And the winners is :
It has taken us quite a while to decide on a winner for the time-lapse contest. As hard has it was to decide on the 12 finalists, it has taken us considerably longer to find a winner. The jury consisted of:
Ruud Rouleaux, CEO
Gijs Houdijk, Technical Manager
Sander Strijbos, Sales Manager
Criteria we looked at were of course the prints themselves, the quality, application and the film itself. We, the jury, have to come to the following top 3:
#1 – 12x 4 spools of filament
REUse it by Aklih Design:
#2 – 2 value packs!
Cannon by Labern:
#3 – 1 value pack!
What is 3D printing by Colton1981:
We congratulate the winners with their achievements. We will contact them soon about the collection of their prizes. All contestants will be contacted soon about the sample packs that all contestants will receive.
We had a blast in the past few weeks watching all the videos and the hard work that was put into them. We hope you enjoyed it too and we will come up with another contest later this year!